HR Business Partner - Retail Sales Southeast and Northeast (12142)HR Business Partner - Retail Sales Southeast and Northeast (12142)
Requisition Number 12142 - Posted 10/03/2012
Job Description Print Preview
ApplySave JobEmail Job to FriendReturn to List
United States - Pennsylvania - Hershey - Human Resources - Full Time
Location:Flexible - Hershey, PA or other location central to the region covered.
This position will provide human resources business partner support for the North American Retail Team. The HRBP will be responsible for building the required skills and competencies of the entire resource including process re-design, leading and managing change and creating a culture that drives partnerships, value creation and accountability.
This individual will be responsible for working with their client group to build leadership capability, organizational capability and culture that will enable Hershey's business leaders to achieve objectives. This includes strategically transforming the business by generating insights, identifying needs, translating the needs into requirements for the right solutions, working with HR expertise leaders to develop solutions (where required) and delivering the solutions in collaboration with Global HR Operations. The HR Business Partner will drive the needs of their employee population to ensure appropriate application of all HR policies, processes and systems.
In order to be effective, the HR Business Partner must thoroughly understand their client group's services and processes delivered to the customers, the strategic priorities and the culture. He/she will work closely with the client leadership team to coordinate all activities in order to drive the business imperatives to grow the business profitability; attract and retain talent and leverage common tools/resources across the organization - One Hershey.
Note: This role requires approximately 40-60% travel. Location is flexiable within the territory.
Client Relationship Management and Strategy Development
* As a supporting member of the client's leadership team, work with the client group leaders to define needs, provide input to the development of the functional strategy and translate the impact via measurable results. Apply change management and organization development expertise while bringing others in the organization along to build those skills.
* Partner with Area Director(s) and District Managers to lead and develop proactive strategies to improve and maintain positive employee engagement, retention and morale utilizing both formal and informal programs and data points. Develop, implement and maintain an effective communication strategy to field employees on all relevant employee and HR related topics. Investigate and resolve employee relations and performance issues and/or concerns. Provide and deliver appropriate recommendations and resolution while maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues. Provide counsel and guidance to employees and management on company policies and procedures.
* Establishes and maintains constructive and effective relationships built upon trust. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse even high-tension situations. Works to find common ground and mutually beneficial solutions to conflicts. Values and relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Can represent his/her own interest and yet be fair to other groups. Viewed by others as a team player.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
* Uses a systematic process to solve difficult problems including gathering and examining information from a variety of sources; identifying the root cause of problems; drawing appropriate conclusions; generating viable solutions; and weighing the pros and cons to arrive at a final decision. Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
* Identifies the processes required to accomplish work tasks; simplifies and integrates processes and work tasks to enable efficient work flow; utilizes best practices to organize people and activities; measures results against key metrics; uses resources efficiently.
Judgment and Creditability
* Takes ownership of work and ensures it is completed accurately, efficiently and on time. Works with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, commitment and persistence in the face of obstacles or adversity. This includes being reliable, trust and accountable for completing work activities; rejecting excuses for failure; following the organization's rules and expectations; complying with all laws and regulations; and maintaining focus on productivity and bottom-line results. Is viewed as a trustworthy and credible HR partner throughout the organization.
Building Talent Capability
* Builds talent capability throughout the organization through recruitment, performance management, workforce planning, succession planning, career development, and diversity initiatives. Partners with the business and HR to forecast future talent needs and develop clear objectives and processes for Succession Planning. Supports the business and HR in identifying key talent/hi-potentials, providing a set of integrated tools and assessment processes to support the placement, development and calibration of key talent. Develops policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation.
* Drives issues and initiatives to completion despite barriers. Applies principled change management best practices to ensure quality implementation of key initiatives. Applies understanding of key stakeholders and business dynamics to overcome resistance to change. Helps people anticipate and plan for organizational change while building buy-in and positive support for change. Evaluates change efforts over time and develops new strategies for renewing or expanding the change.
* Create a cohesive team across the function by providing leadership that engages all employees, including the clear establishment of performance expectations, career paths, career development opportunities, reward and recognition programs, and positive employee morale. Lead the team to support the business strategy during a period of significant change and growth within the business and function.
* Manage projects across function that impact organizational effectiveness and client delivery.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field required
* Master's Degree preferred (MBA, MS in HR, or advanced degree in OD)
* 5-7 years of progressive HR experience in a variety of both specialist and business partner roles
* 2- 4 years as a HR Generalist with heavy employee relations experience
* Demonstrated ability to lead change efforts and project management across an assigned client group
* Experienced in process re-design, organization re-design and leading HR change
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with and influence the decision making of senior management.
* A skilled HR Business Partner with demonstrated change management experience.
* Analyzes and designs business processes to achieve objectives; includes designing structures, roles and supporting systems.
* A detail-oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving. Understands the underlying issues and components of a problem or opportunity and perceives complex cause-and-effect patterns. Identifies patterns and trends from past experiences that relate to a current situation and uses that knowledge to come up with creative solutions and new ideas.
* Superior communication skills, written and verbal, able to effectively address all levels within the organization.
* Works cooperatively as a member of a team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests
* Uses available technology to improve personal performance and ability to contribute to the business i.e.) MS Office, SAP, etc.
* Demonstrates strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to challenge decisions & facilitate change.
* Proven ability to establish strong business partnerships with senior managers and operate successfully with the senior management level.
* Possesses excellent listening and conflict resolution skills with sensitivity to others' needs.
* Obtains business and process knowledge and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Effectively manages projects by defining a project, developing the overall project plan with clear deliverables and timeline and managing the project team.