QA TechnologistRequisition Number: 8347
Job Title: QA Technologist
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Quality Assurance
Company: CSC Standards, Inc.
Business Unit / Location: Norwalk (Pf Brands)
Liason between R&D, Quality, Marketing and Supply Chain for all businesses.
Assist in Developing, Implementing and Managing Food Safety, Sanitation, Quality, and Process improvement programs. Drive OQ programs and awareness throughout Pepperidge Farm facilities and Corporate groups.
In conjunction with the plant OQ team, investigates plant nonconforming product incidents and consumer complaints, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts.
Technical lead on quality related consumer complaint investigations and reduction.
Supports business strategies and commercialization process from a quality and food safety perspective.
* Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate plant and division quality plans, consistent with business and quality strategies
* Participate in food safety continuous improvement efforts (complaint reduction, program reassessments, data collection system, training, problem solving)
* Lead corporate product review programs, provide summarized reports, proper communication and action plans when necessary
* Coordinate and conduct quality systems audits and mock recall programs, provide summarized reports and corrective action plans
* Work closely with PD, Marketing, and Operations on new product commercializations. Identifies quality and food safety risks and opportunities during early stages of commercialization.
* Develop improvement strategies to help meet quality and reliability objectives
* Provide insight and support in the development and implementation of appropriate plant performance tracking measures KPI’s.
* Provide support to plant and corporate problem solving teams, apply statistical and designed experiment tools
* Provide OQ support and guidance to Pepperidge Farm cross functional teams, plants, copackers, and suppliers
* Analyze consumer trends and data: provide feedback to necessary business groups
* Manage product formula, special batch, temp note and deviation approval for the business.
* Create new documentation needed for any new or existing commercialization process.
* Oversee quality aspects of special batches and new product launches by complying with PF commercialization process. Includes conducting food safety/quality risk assessments, participation in planning/execution and securing required samples and data, determining proper specifications and ensuring execution of specifications.
* Investigates in-plant quality incidents (foreign material, food safety and quality nonconforming product) and consumer complaints, identifying root causes and facilitating corrective action with plant teams.
* Cross-train in other OQ tasks to function as back-up to OQ team members.
* BS Food Science Degree
* Science or related field
* 5 years in food industry
* Experience in the food industry plant environment with an understanding of manufacturing processes
* Practical knowledge and application of food safety principles (ex. Regulatory, HACCP, GMPs, AIB, food microbiology)
* Practical knowledge and application of quality systems
* Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Effective abilities in organizing and deductive thinking
* Detail oriented
* Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
* Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, able to master other software
* Proficient knowledge of SPC
* Able to communicate at any organizational level
* Effective presentation skills
* Promotes engagement & diversity
* Future mobility across network
Pepperidge Farm Corporate Operations Quality, located in Norwalk CT
30-50 % travel
Company Sponsored Relocation: No
Job Classification: Professional
Business Area: Pepperidge Farm
Experience: Early Career/Recent Graduate
Workplace Setting: Corporate or Headquarters
Region: New England