Human Resources GeneralistHuman Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Office: 6933 - MDV Columbus, GA
Provides human resource leadership to assigned business unit(s) ensuring company programs/ policies are developed and implemented to maximize effectiveness. Policies and programs will include, but are not limited to; employee relations, talent management, recruiting, benefits, performance management, recognition and rewards, and training.
* Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field or combination of education and/ or experience. PHR/ SPHR certification preferred.
* 3 (three) years HR generalist experience, preferably working within a multi site distribution or retail environment in the food distribution, retail or consumer packaged goods industry
* Ability to travel 10% for things such as regional meetings or assist other facilities
* Counsels and provides guidance to management and/or associates on associate relations issues and company policies, practices and procedures to include, but not limited to, promotions, demotions, transfers, benefits/open enrollment, leave of absences, return to work programs, worker’s compensation, performance evaluations, performance plans, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Works with internal departments and external contacts as appropriate to ensure effective administration of programs.
* Assists in the preparation for labor negotiations and renewal of contracts, recommends contract changes and participates in the administration of union contracts and the handling of union relation matters. Conducts investigations of employee complaints/grievances/violations of business ethics policies.
* Ensures performance management process is being fully implemented and supporting the desired behaviors/culture, including the annual performance review process.
* Monitors productivity and performances measures such as turnover, upward appraisals and department surveys.
* Provides analysis of employee relations issues, reasons for labor turnover, etc. Identifies trends and implement solutions to problem areas.
* Ensures all necessary paperwork (job requisitions, new hires, termination, status changes) are completed on time, accurately, and submitted via the approved channels, partnering and coaching business partners when necessary.
Knowledge / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
A detailed knowledge of the development and execution of HR policies & procedures, as well as local, state and federal employment laws. Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to work independently on projects and proficient in MS Office. Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive materials, successfully interact with all levels of management and diverse associate populations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee is frequently required to sit. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Click Here to Complete Your Application
Contact Us|Site Map|Legal Notice
© Nash Finch Company, 1998-2012
All rights reserved.