ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Increases Terminix’s market presence in underserved markets through the sale of termite and pest protection contracts to new customers. Services customers’ homes and businesses through the application of company pesticide products.
• Sells termite and pest control protection for homes and businesses in unserved markets.
• Responds to sales leads in assigned territory as well as develops termite and/or pest control sales leads.
• Applies company pesticide products to residential and commercial locations according to schedule and as needed based on service requests. Calls customers to confirm scheduled services and completes required production forms.
• Conducts inspections to identify infestations or conditions conducive to infestations of wood destroying organisms and/or insects, birds, or other vertebrate pests.
• Examines architectural drawings and specifications for making proposals and presentations to obtain sales contracts.
• Records accurate measurements and inputs correct descriptions of property inspected into the handheld device.
• Prepares and inputs appropriate specifications and treating instructions in accordance with existing laws, regulations, and company policies.
• Computes treatment costs from company pricing instructions using a handheld device. Executes contracts on behalf of the company, observing company policy as to credit terms of sale.
• Responds on a timely basis to customers’ requests for service calls.
• Maintains prospect files, call-back files and activity records.
• Drives company vehicle to customers’ homes or businesses. Maintains vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating condition.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or six to twelve months related experience and/or training in sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Skill in creating sales leads and cross-selling company products and services.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Maintains appearance of uniform as directed by company policy.
• Maintains licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations.
• Maintains valid driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.